Monday, June 20, 2011

The Perfect Lunch

Ever since I can remember I've loved peanut butter.  I'm convinced my appreciation for it has increased since the days of being a little girl, asking my mom to make me a peanut butter sandwich.
Back then our peanut butter contained bad oils and sugar.  My mom has always been interested in nutrition, which is the reason for my healthy life-style today, and the time came when she decided to switch to real peanut butter.  I've never looked back.  That other stuff just can't compare to the taste of what we get now.
To qualify as real peanut butter the ingredient list on the jar should show only two things, peanuts and salt.  This is the only kind of peanut butter you'll find on our shelves now.
My favorite lunch is a peanut butter sandwich with whole grain bread paired with a fruit smoothie.  What could be better than that! 
I make sure the smoothie is just as healthy as the sandwich.  I use orange juice, a handful of frozen strawberries, a handful of frozen blueberries, some mango, and a half a banana.  Then I mix it all together in the blender.  Sometimes I'll use the left out half of the banana, sliced into little pieces, to put in the middle of my sandwich, making for an extra special treat!  Well, I think so at least.

1 comment:

  1. Your diet seems very similar to mine! Do you eat Organic?

    ReplyDelete