Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Morning Cup of Tea

To remain consistent in technique and ability from day to day can sometimes be a struggle.  Nothing seems to stay the same for long, especially the body.  Sore muscles fight against the common cause of the ballet dancer, which is to maintain what has already been accomplished and progress to a higher level of dancing.
The most recent issue of Pointe listed about three natural anti-inflammatories.  One of them was green tea.  Before receiving this issue, I was already in the habit of drinking a cup of this hot beverage every morning.  Pointe advises to do just that.  So I thought I would share my morning ritual, seeing as how the experts from an official ballet magazine seem to agree with it.
Green Tea contains antioxidants and is anti-inflammatory, which is why it relieves soreness.  Knowing that, I'll keep my little tradition of sipping on this soothing, warm drink.  Nothing is more comforting than coming downstairs in the morning, fixing myself some breakfast, and enjoying green tea from a mug with pointe shoes painted on it.

2 comments:

  1. Great tip! Sore muscles definately hold me back sometimes...generally I only frink water, but maybe I will give this green tea thing a try! Do you drink it plain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do drink it palin. You can add honey to sweeten it, and there's also flavored green teas.

    ReplyDelete