Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Before Ballet Class Snacks


When I take class in the afternoon I almost always grab a snack beforehand.  When I don't, my grumbling stomach makes me regret it.  Ballet is several hours after lunch, and still a long ways from dinner.  I have to fuel up for the intense physical activity before me.
I try to eat something with protein.  Here are a few examples of before class snacks.

Nuts-I love almonds, pistachios, peanuts, and cashews.  They're filling, and a great source of protein.  I grab a handful for the car ride.

Banana Chips-These pieces of dried fruit became a preferred snack of mine when I first tasted them last summer during a camping trip.  I usually mix them with some nuts in a plastic bag.

Peanut Butter-This is my absolute favorite food!  When I don't have P.B. for lunch I enjoy it as an energy giving snack.  There are several ways to eat it.  I've spread it over celery, bananas, apples, and raisin toast.  When I've had a light lunch I'll cut up slices of banana to put on the toast, then drizzle honey it.  It's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment