Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Starting Out Right

I consider myself a morning person, since I'm happiest while the world is still waking up.  Maybe one of the reasons I enjoy the early hours of the day is because I love breakfast.
A few years ago I could live without it.  Now, due to my demanding exercise in the morning, I can't imagine not fueling up with a nutritious meal.  Of course, I just love to eat breakfast even when I don't dance.
Besides the energy giving benefits it provides, filling up on breakfast can also help control the amount of calories consumed through out the day. Instead of waiting hours to eat, then trying to make up for a missed meal by overeating, you'll probably be more content to eat a smaller lunch and dinner. 
Eggs are an excellent choice for a morning meal.  They keep you full for quite some time, and contain protein.  I have two eggs about four or five days of the week.
Oatmeal is another healthy option, as long as it's natural and you steer clear of instant oatmeal.  The soluble fiber found in oats is filling, fights heart disease, and can lower high blood pressure.  Anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, protein, complex carbs and iron are all acquired through eating oatmeal.  I'm weird and prefer my oatmeal plain, with nothing added to it.  If that sounds dull, fruit, (frozen, fresh, or dried) honey, or nuts can be mixed in to make a more interesting taste. 
In my opinion, having a good breakfast puts the odds of making the day productive on your side
.

No comments:

Post a Comment