Friday, July 8, 2011

New Habit

I believe my last post on this blog was about using a foam roller as an assistance in reaching maximum flexibility  Just as I said I would, I tried if for myself Tuesday night.  I did notice it helped.  I'm already pretty flexible from years of stretching every night, but I was able to reach my full range of flexibility quicker than normal.
Since then I haven't stretched.  My trip to the beach on Wednesday made sure of that, when it gave me one of the worst burns I've ever experienced.  Now even the thought of rolling my red, sensitive, and stiff legs across a roller and then stretching them out is too much to bear.  So because I'm a healthy ballerina, and I'd probably pass out if I tried to do what I just mentioned in my current state, I'm avoiding stretching for now.  But as soon as I'm able I'll definitely make using the foam roller a habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment